"When a recent survey asked 20,000 Belgians what they thought about different brands, Leonidas was the outright winner in the chocolate category. In fact, 1 in every 3 top quality Belgian chocolates sold comes from Leonidas - and 55% of Belgians say that we are the most highly-rated chocolate maker in the country. Not bad, in the most chocolate-obsessed country in the world."
- Smell: Does the chocolate have a fruity or spicy smell? Yes, chocolate really does have different scents, especially the fresh rich dark chocolates that I smelled.
- Sight: The bar should be flawless with luster (higher gloss indicates freshness). When broken, the brake should not collapse in splinters and crumbles. I broke one of the Napolitains for this test and it was definitely a clean brake compared to store bought bars (whose names shall not be mentioned).
- Touch: Cocoa butter melts at 94°F; it should melt at body temperature. The higher the quantity of cocoa butter the better the quality of chocolate and the lower the melting temperature. My verdict: I could hardly get these sweets in my mouth quick enough to avoid sticky chocolatey fingers.
- Taste: My favorite part! A+ to Leonidas! My favorite in the Napolitain assorted pack was the Feuilletine (milk chocolate with crispy biscuit pieces) and the Nibs (dark chocolate with fragments of cocoa beans). In the general assortment there was such a variety I can't say which was my favorite but the most memorably unique chocolate was the small pink heart pictured above (top right) with it's delicious fruit filling (I think it was cherry?).
GIVEAWAY: On to the really great news! Leonidas is giving away a pound of individually wrapped Napolitains to one lucky Moana Saves reader. That's 70 pieces of chocolate! To enter to win become a Google Friends Connect follower of Moana Saves (in the sidebar).
1. Become a Networked Blogs follower of Moana Saves (in the sidebar).
5. Tweet about this giveaway with the following (once a day max): #Win some yummy Belgian chocolates from @Leonidas and @moanasaves ends 4/9 http://bit.ly/exDjkD
Only one person per email/household/IPaddress can enter this giveaway. He/she must be 18+ years old and reside in the U.S. This giveaway ends 4/9/11 HST (Hawaii Standard Time). One winner will be chosen randomly via Random.org. I will notify the winners via email and they must respond to claim the prize within 48 hours or I will draw another winner.