Recently I was introduced to Justin's Nut Butter, a relatively young company based out of Colorado (my old home state! hello, CO Rockies!). Justin Gold, the founder of Justin's Nut Butter, began by making his gourmet nut butters in his home kitchen as a means of satisfying his vegetarian diet needs for protein. Demand from associates and local natural food stores grew quickly and the rest is history!
Here are some of the perks of Justin's Nut Butter concoctions:
- Only the best ingredients go into these nut butters. Go organic!
- All ingredients are sourced as locally and sustainably as possible
- It's a great healthy substitute for the sugar-loaded nut butters on the market today.
- The butters are made with palm fruit oil because it minimizes oil separation. Palm fruit oil contains NO trans-fatty acids and much less saturated fat than coconut and palm kernel oil. (I love that I'm not loading up on hydrogenated oils!)
- All of the nut butters are gluten and dairy-free.
- You can purchase the nut butters in 16 oz jars or .5 oz packs. Packs?!? That is the perfect solution for the on-the-go mom! I was sent some honey almond butter in packs and found it useful one Sunday as I left for church before noon (skipping lunch) and didn't return until late in the evening. These would also be great snacks for the outdoors while biking or hiking. By the way, honey almond butter had great flavor. My young toddler is a really picky eater but she gobbled up her nut butter and toast.
- Justin's is going green. They are aware of how production of their product affects the planet and are taking steps to minimize this including using solar and wind power and recyclable containers.
GIVEAWAY: To enter to win your very own jar of nut butter (flavor of choice!) leave a comment here telling me what your favorite nut is. Peanut, almond or macadamia? Or you could be perfectly unique and prefer pecans or cashews. (Wouldn't a cashew butter be delicious? Hint hint.)
1. Become a Google Friends Connect follower of Moana Saves (in the sidebar).
Only one person per email/household/IPaddress can enter this giveaway. He/she must be 18+ years old and reside in the U.S. This giveaway ends 3/22/11 at 11:59 PM HST (Hawaii Standard Time). One winner will be chosen randomly via Random.org. I will notify the winners via email and they must respond to claim the prize within 48 hours or I will draw another winner.