Monday, March 21, 2011

Bravery in a Bottle: A Review






Living on an island can shape our perspective about how our lives impact the planet and either positively or negatively affect sustainability.  We're not suggesting that we are green experts.  Rather, we are interested in highlighting how we think, shop and spend can evolve so that can sustain the earth's future for our kids.  Plus we're looking at some really cool stuff! Stay tuned!Living on an island can shape our perspective about how our lives impact the planet and either positively or negatively affect sustainability.  We're not suggesting that we are green experts.  Rather, we are interested in highlighting how we think, shop and spend can evolve so that can sustain the earth's future for our kids.  Plus we're looking at some really cool stuff! Stay tuned!
Photobucket
Are your kids afraid of monsters in the dark? What about thunder and lightning? How about dentist visits? I know many of you could probably answer yes to that last one not just for your kids but for yourself! Let me introduce you to Bravery in a Bottle. Nancy, the founder of Bravery in a Bottle, has created a line of 4 aroma-therapeutic sprays to self-empower kids as they fight their childhood fears. Her aroma-therapy products include the following:
Monster Vapor
Courage Concoction
Storm Squasher
Feeling Campy

These sprays look great with their catchy names but what is in them? First let me tell you that the ingredients are 100% natural essential oils meaning no alcohol or chemicals. Bravery in a Bottle has a link on their site listing the aroma-therapeutic spray ingredients and the benefits each oil provides. The spray sample sent to me was Monster Vapor, a relaxing blend of lavender, lemon, mandarin, rosewood and orange. Besides smelling good these essential oils serve multiple purposes. Lavender, for example, treats migraines, headaches, anxiety, depression, nervous tensions and emotional stress, induces sleep, boosts immunity, is a pain reliever and bug repellant. Can I just say that I spray this on myself as often as I spray it on the kids? This is me at night: "One spray for you, two for me, one for you, two for me..." It smells so good! Plus, living in a tropical environment like we do we're always fighting the nighttime battle with mosquitos. I'm so grateful for a lovely smelling organic spray we can use at night!

Photobucket So how does a spray help your child overcome their fear of thunder or monsters? The aroma-therapy creates an actual soothing effect plus the idea of 'vaporizing' the bad monsters gives your children the feeling of power and control over what is frightening them. Each bottle also comes with a little rhyme that tells what the 'vapors' do and how they help your child conquer their fears. In addition to giving your child this great monster vapor as a defense in the dark, Bravery in a Bottle will soon be selling Monster Vapor plush and Monster Vapor Organic Cotton mascots for your child to hold as they fall asleep at night.

Our experience with Monster Vapor began with my middle child crying because I've always insisted there was no such thing as monsters and now I was spraying her with monster vapor and telling her stories of how this will help her fight the bad guys. Eventually her crying ceased and she began to love her nightly "perfume" spritz that had a calming and soothing effect. Thank you Nancy for this unique and fun solution to our nighttime woes.

SHOP: Purchase your own Bravery in a Bottle products online HERE!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

2 comments:

  1. I was telling my husband last night that I can't believe I didn't think of this. we did it with just whatever spray bottle was around but too funny that someone actually made a product out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff that smells good is great! And those are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails