Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yu-Be Skincare Products Review


Two memories that stand out among those of my Aunts' visits from Japan while growing up, was the expensive purses and special creams they seemed to have an obsession with.  I remember on one trip, my Aunt forgot to pack one of her facial cleansers she had left in our bathroom and I was secretly SO excited when I made the discovery that she had accidentally left it.  I had first dibs on the cleanser and I remember what a difference the non-abrasive concoction made to my skin compared to the strong astringents and scrubs I usually tortured my skin with to prevent acne. I have always believed that Japanese women are experts on skin care products.
Recently,  I was excited to try out a Japanese skin care product that promised to hydrate, heal and soothe without greasiness, artificial colors, or fragrances.
                                            

Invented by Japanese pharmacist Yoshikiyo Nowatari, Yu-Be (pronounced "YOO-BEE") is a Glycerin-based moisturizing cream enriched with Vitamin E, Vitamin B2 and Camphor.
"Generations of families have used the concentrated formula on all types of dry skin - from split cuticles and cracked heels to diaper rash - even frostbite - and to this day refuse to use anything else."

I was very fortunate to receive a sample of the Yu-Be Travel Set: $21 which has a 1.25oz tube of Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream ($16 retail value), a Yu-Be Lip Therapy ($5 retail value),
a Custom Yu-Be travel pouch, and samples of the moisturizing body lotion, and foaming skin polish

The moisturizing skin cream made my skin feel rose petal soft! What I loved is that I could use the same cream for feet as I could for a moisturizing face cream! It is very rich but not greasy and is definitely something I would recommend to any of my family and friends who struggle with skin problems due to dry weather. It definitely beats vaseline which is what I know some of my friends have treated their children with when their skin gets really dry!  I loved how the Lip Therapy really helped moisturize my lips.  I am a very light make up wearer and for one week I just used the lip balm for my lip gloss and my lips never felt so healthy.  Though I only had a small sample of the skin polish, it felt so much better, cleaner, fresher, than the rough exfoliants that my skin usually is treated with.   I look forward to treating my children with the moisturizing skin creams the next time their eczema flares up and I have read that many people have used Yu-Be for rashes and Eczema.

SHOP: To learn more about their line and to purchase products go to http://www.yu-be.com/products.html.  Yu-be products are now also available at your local Sephora or Sephora.com.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails