Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Name Is Not Alexander- book review

My Name Is Not Alexander
My Name Is Not Alexander is about a boy named Alexander as he pretends to be some of the great men who shaped our world, which is the second book by Jennifer Fosberry after her bestseller- My Name Is Not Isabella which also discovers how big a little girl can dream.
We read this as a bedtime story and I was amazed- what a great book!  The back of the book talks about each of the men Alexander had pretended to be and some of their contributions in history.  Some of these men are Theodore Roosevelt, Chief Joseph and Jackie Robinson.  Each time he changes into someone else, the pages give hints as to what each man has done and gives kids an idea of great things they can be when they grow up.

This is one my kids wanted to read over and over again.  And we were able to talk more about these men and what made them great.  I focused on a different one each time, I have a history lover, so this book was perfect for him to inquire about new historical figures and time periods.  I like having positive male role models for my sons, and this was an easy way to introduce some to them.

This book was released last month and sells for $10.39 on Amazon (My Name Is Not Alexander).  Check out this trailer about the book:



I was not compensated for this post although I did receive a copy of the book to facilitate my review of it.  Any and all opinions here are mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails