- Decrease blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol levels
- Improve arthritis and joint pain
- Lessen symptoms of depression and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Support eye health
- Enhance brain growth and development
- Aid brain growth in unborn babies, infants and kids
- Decrease the risk for certain cancers
- Reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease
- Promote heart health
My family and I really enjoyed our taste of Gorton's. The seafood tasted fresh and definitely flavorful. My husband liked the Shrimp Risotto I made from shrimp scampi while my very picky toddler went crazy over the popcorn shrimp. My personal favorite was making a fish wrap with lettuce or cabbage coleslaw and tarter sauce. I've made all sorts of homemade tarter sauces from a more gourmet recipe that includes plain yogurt and dill to a simple kid-friendly mayonnaise and relish sauce. Below is the recipe for a 'made in 5 minutes' kid-friendly tarter sauce that includes ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It's easy to whip up and children love it!
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet relish
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Instructions: Combine all ingredients and serve!
The recipe next on my list to try is Down Home on the Ranch Fish Canoes. The Gorton's site has so many recipe options to choose from! Be sure to visit your local grocer and pick up your own package of Gorton's seafood, trusted since 1849.
I was not compensated for this post although I did receive a product sample to facilitate the original review. Any and all opinions here are mine.