Sunday, February 20, 2011

GIRL Talk & Pro-Biotics: Fem-Dophilus available at Swansonvitamins.com


As an woman who has been there with periodic yeast infections, I have taken an interest in remedies that can help current and prevent further uncomfortable episodes. I am oral consumer of yogurt but probably more so when I have a Y infection. I have figured what works for me and usually keep something in stock in my medicine cabinet for the future occurrences. Even though I know the routine of what to do and what has worked for me (watching what soap I use, eating yogurt,  taking pro-biotics, being watchful when using anti-biotics, having the right creams on hand), it is still annoying.

Swansonvitamins.com, a great site for discount vitamins and supplements, sent me a probiotic to try.  For several weeks I've been using Fem-Dophilus. Fem-Dophilus is labeled as the MOST EFFECTIVE probiotic for Women's Health. Some info from the makers of Fem-Dophilus: It contains two patented and clinically proven probiotic strains, Lactobacillus GR-1 and Lactobacillus RC-14 discovered and developed by Dr. Gregor Reid and Dr. Andrew Bruce at Urex Biotech. Over 20 years of research supports the oral use of GR-1 and RC-14 to colonize and protect the vaginal tract.

Fem-dophilus® is manufactured under pharmaceutical GMP conditions with guaranteed potency and consistency. The probiotic strains in Fem-dophilus® are in a proprietary polysaccharide matrix, which protects the bacteria from stomach acid and enhances probiotic bacteria survival to the lower intestine.

It is important to keep this product refrigerated. For maintenance, it is suggested to take 1 pill a day and up to 2 a day as directed by your health care provider.

When I started taking Fem-Dophilus, I did not have an infection but because I read that clinical trials have show that the ingredients of Fem-Dophilus 1) help to maintain or restore healthy vaginal flora that are important in maintaining vaginal health, AND 2) support the health of the urinary tract. I was happy to give this product a try!

I have noticed subtle changes down there that are positive and here's my attempt to do this without giving TMI. The first noticeable change I noticed was an increase in moisture. The second change I noticed was that there was less irritation and sensitivity during my monthly cycle than usual. I feel like I haven't been on the product long enough to be able to say that it has solved my problems with yeast infections but I can say I have not had anything resembling the signs of one since I have been taking the product. If you were to google search "femdophilus and yeast infections" or similar, you'll find there are a lot of women out there who have been helped with their chronic yeast infections, B.V. s, and U.T.I.S by using femdophilus. As a woman with these issues, and also a mother of children who have been prescribed way TOO many ANTI-biotics, I am a newer fan of pro-biotics and hope humans can learn to achieve a balance of their consumption of pro and anti BIOTICs.

You can buy Fem-dophilus at Swansonvitamins.com.  Even though a bottle of 30 caps retails for $25.95, Swanson offers this product for $18.17--that's a 30% discount!  Check out Fem-dophilus and more at Swansonvitamins.com

I was not compensated for this post but I did receive a complimentary sample of this product to write this review. Any and all opinions here are mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails