Wednesday, May 4, 2011

He Is We "My Forever" Album Review

He Is We. Catchy band name, isn't it? Well their music is even catchier. I've been listening to this CD for a week and the songs are so catchy! Even my pre-teen likes the music as she has now snagged my CD and has it in her player. The story of He Is We began in the summer of 2008 when Rachel Taylor and Trevor Kelly worked at Tel Brown Music in Tacoma, Washington. The two became fast friends and the transition from music store co-workers to band mates happened naturally. Their quirky songwriting began to get attention when they posted "Pardon Me" online. At first the track got five or six plays a day but then thousands. 
My Forever is one of this music duo's latest albums. It features 11 tracks including an acoustic version of "And Run." (See below) Here's a sampling of lines from this song: 
Hard to admit it but now I'm thinking freely. 
I'm going to open my mind to all these newfound exciting possibilities. 
I'm making all my own plans. 
Throwing all my old ones away. 
Gotta grow up be someone. 
Draw a map, find a path, take a breath and run." 
Aren't those lyrics unique, empowering....FANTASTIC? The best part about their music is that all the songs are written by Rachel and Trevor. ALL! You are listening to Rachel’s words and Trevor’s music.  I am so very impressed. These two artists have some definite natural talent.

One more preview of what you'll hear when you purchase the album. This was my favorite song and it's even more enjoyable when you see the humorous music video. 


BUY: My Forever is available on Amazon and iTunes as well as other music outlets online and off.

I was not compensated for this post but I did receive a product sample to facilitate this review.  Any and all opinions here are mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails