Friday, May 6, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader DVD - A Review



The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) is a fun family movie filled with adventure and fun. In this third installment of the Narnia Chronicles, directed by Michael Apted, Lucy and Edmund Pevensie return to Narnia with their cousin Eustace where they meet up with Prince Caspian for a trip across the sea aboard the royal ship The Dawn Treader. Along the way, they encounter dragons, dwarves, merfolk, and a band of lost warriors before reaching the edge of the world (IMDB.com).


Rated PG (and under 2 hours) made this a very family-friendly movie, especially with my four rambunctious kids. Reepicheep, the large talking mouse, kept them laughing, while "the mist" and other sea creatures had them cuddling up next to me, even covering their eyes at times. Nothing too scary, though. The only thing that was really annoying, at least initially, was cousin Eustace. I guess it helped in making his transformation into a vital part of their survival all the more dramatic, but his voice and bratty antics were wearing on me. Other than that, I enjoyed watching Voyage of the Dawn Treader for our family movie night. There aren't too many adventurous and action-packed movies that I can watch with my kids, so it was nice to share with them the excitement of it all.

One last thing I liked about the movie was how it touched on the consequences of being selfish, greedy, bratty, and unhappy with yourself and who you are. It also showed what happens when you are the opposite of those things: selfless, giving, nice and happy with who you are. My kids made comments throughout the movie and afterward about these things, so it was nice to talk to them about making good choices and having them listen wholeheartedly because I was using examples from the movie! BONUS!

For more information about the movie as well as some fun Narnia games, go HERE.   And, for now, here's a preview of The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader:

I was not compensated for this post although I did receive a free DVD to facilitate this review. Any and all opinions here are mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails