Tropical Traditions Gold Label Standard Virgin Coconut Oil is made from organic, fresh coconuts in rural areas of the Philippines. Only the highest quality organic coconuts are hand selected for use in the Gold Label brand, and the pure coconut water from inside the coconut is used to extract the coconut milk using traditional methods. This product has been tested repeatedly in laboratories to show that it contains the highest amounts of antioxidants available in Virgin Coconut Oil.
Check out the video below, “How we Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil- an Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO Tropical Traditions."
1)The first time I tried the oil, I fried Taro . We often cook taro (for those of you who don’t know what taro is, its like a potato/ its also what Hawaiians use to make poi) by boiling it. After a day or two, we cut up any leftovers in small thin slices and fry it using vegetable oil. This time around, I used a thin layer of coconut oil and it was super yummy and crispy!
2) I made lowfat brownies and substituted vegetable with coconut oil and the batch came out richer than you would believe.
3) I used the oil as a makeup remover for my waterproof eye makeup. I simply dabbed a cotton ball in the oil and it worked just as well as my costmetic waterproof makeup remover. It is comforting and quite delightful, actually, to know that I’m using natural products on my skin.
The oil does have a strong smell when it is cooking which is expected because it IS pure coconut oil. My kids WERE curious and complained at the smell but then again they complain about anything new! Needless to say the food cooked with this new oil disappeared quick!
You can order Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil here. Receive a complimentary copy of a Virgin Coconut Oil book with your first order. When you fill in your account information, there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, choose "Referred by a friend." Below that, please enter user ID: 6672765 and your complimentary book will be added to your order.
The makers of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil have provided one quart-sized jar of their product to give away to one lucky Moana Saves winner. To WIN your own jar of virgin coconut oil, follow the mandatory entry requirement below and any optional ones you'd like with a separate comment for each:
To earn a mandatory entry, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email newsletter here. Mandatory means that if you don't do this first, all of your other entries will be disqualified.
To earn an additional entry, do one (or all) of the following and leave a separate comment for each thing you do:
1. Follow Moana Saves on Twitter.
2. Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter.
3. Tweet about this giveaway (limit one tweet per day) using the following (leave the tweet URL in your comment):
#Win Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from @troptraditions and @moanasaves http://bit.ly/fQKkXY ends 12/21
4. Become a Google Friend Connect follower of Moana Saves (in the side bar).
5. Like the Moana Saves Facebook page.
6. Follow Moana Saves on Networked Blogs (in the side bar).
7. Subscribe to my feed via RSS reader and/or email updates.
Only one person per email/household/IPaddress can enter this giveaway. He/she must be 18+ years old and reside in the U.S. This giveaway ends on Tuesday, December 21st at 11:59 PM HST (Hawaii Standard Time). One winner will be chosen randomly via Random.org. I will notify the winner via email and he/she must respond to claim the prize within 48 hours or I will draw another winner.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.