Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review of Good Boy Roy T-Shirts

The older I get, the more I want my purchasing power as a consumer to have meaning.  In other words, yes, its great if a product looks good or otherwise has value but what is my purchase doing?  Who does it support and how?  Therefore, I was excited to review the Good Boy Roy brand of t-shirts.  The designs are pretty cool but its the story behind the product that intrigues me.

Zack, the 15 year old who designs the line, is the real Good Boy Roy.  He draws the character Roy as well as the other characters in the line.  Zack has always loved to draw and his work has comforted him through some health challenges.  His mom saw potential in his cartoon creations and had them put on a t-shirt. Thus, Good Boy Roy Fun Shirts for Kids was born and Zack has added several other characters to the original Roy t-shirt.  I love that Zack and his mom work together to share his drawings with the rest of the world.  I love that a 15 year old kid has created Good Boy Roy and his idea sparked a thriving business.  Most of all, I love that a mom found a way to build not only a business but, more importantly, her son's confidence in his talent.

We were lucky to receive a youth sized shirt for Second Born.  Here she is wearing the I Love Ice Cream shirt.  The yellow on the website looks more canary than the shirt we have.  I actually like the paler lemon color pictured here.  The weight of the shirt is medium and Second Born says its really, really soft.  I'm a big fan of the Good Boy Roy logo on the back--what a nice touch! She's worn it to school and told me one of her friends asked her where she got it.  I told her the Good Boy Roy story so she could pass it on.  A great T-shirt with a great back story.

You can purchase Good Boy Roy T-shirts here.  If you're interested in finding out more about Zack and his cast of T-shirt characters, click here.  And don't forget to follow Good Boy Roy on Twitter and like him on Facebook.
I did not receive compensation for this review.  I did receive a sample product to facilitate this review.  Any and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Wow these would be perfect for my son for Christmas. I love that it is a kid run product!

    ReplyDelete

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails