Friday, August 27, 2010

25 Random Facts about Me

Borrowing a worn-out meme that made the rounds at Facebook a few years ago, here are some things you probably don't know about me:
  1. Until I was 11 or 12, I wouldn’t eat white food: no potatoes, cheeses, etc.  I did drink milk, though.
  2. I was born in Australia (g’day, mate!)
  3. When I was in 6th grade, I missed a day of school to attend the naturalization ceremony in court for my mother and me to become U.S. citizens.
  4. After my undergrad graduation, I’ve really only had two jobs.  One for two years and the other for 15+ years (same position in more than one place).
  5. I won a poetry contest when I was 19 years old and it literally changed the direction of my life.
  6. I love cilantro.
  7. I love sriracha red chili paste/sauce.
  8. As a baby and toddler, Italian was my first language.
  9. I am double-jointed in all of my fingers and toes.
  10. I am an oldest daughter married to an oldest son.
  11. My favorite shows to watch usually have English subtitles.
  12. I love to read.
  13. Bargain-hunting is my version of hunting/gathering.
  14. I chose English as my undergraduate major because it had the least number of math classes.
  15. I love mangoes.
  16. I get pretty competitive when I play games.
  17. My favorite color is red.
  18. I’ve only recently learned to use chopsticks.
  19. I’m left-handed (like Obama).
  20. I’ve never learned to knit or crochet with sticks.  My left-handedness always got in the way.
  21. I have lens implants in my eyes because my corneas are too thin for LASIK.
  22. I won the school spelling bee in the fourth grade.
  23. I love Thai and Indian food (Indian is a lot easier to make at home).
  24. The only desserts worth eating are the ones with chocolate in them.
  25. My favorite writers are Toni Morrison and Patricia Grace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave your fabulously discerning thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails